Catholic Advocacy Network (CAN)
(a project of the Maryland Catholic Conference)
The Catholic Advocacy Network provides a quick way for you to communicate with your elected officials on issues that are important to you. The Network does its work via letters, telephone calls, and visits to legislators during the annual Lobby Night that is held in Annapolis each year during the month of February.
To register to receive alerts on pertinent legislation, along with messages to send to your elected officials go to the Catholic Conference Website or contact Marsha Raymond, our Director of Social Justice.
Maryland Lobby night
Lobby Night is an opportunity for Maryland constituents to meet with their Maryland State legislators and share the Catholic viewpoint on issues before the General Assembly. Whether you are new to the Maryland Catholic Conference's annual Lobby Night, or an old pro, we are excited to share with you the new format we are introducing this year!
Lobby Night is scheduled for Shrove Tuesday, February 9, 2016, 3:00-8:00pm.
The new format will include:
- Streamlined briefing at St. John Neumann Mission Church, Annapolis (3:00-4:30pm)
- Shuttles to the state office buildings (beginning at 4:30pm)
- Visits with legislators to deliver postcards and discuss the Church's stance on issues (5:00-6:00pm)
- Dinner reception with legislators (6:00-7:30pm)
- Short "Next Steps" presentation from Conference staff (7:30pm)
- Shuttles available back to St. John Neumann Mission Church (7:30-8:30pm)
Important Note: There will NOT be appointments this year. Your legislators will be alerted that you will be visiting their offices between 5:00-6:00pm. If you do not see them in their offices, you will at the reception!
Registration Instructions (Two Steps):
- The event is free but you MUST register at www.mdcatholic.org/LobbyNight
- When you are done registering, be sure to select the option to send your legislators a pre-drafted email to let them know you will see them on February 9